The heARTs of Rutland! community street art project recently
announced that tickets are on sale for the Nov. 2 heART Auction at
the Paramount Theatre in Rutland. Starting at 5:30 p.m., attendees
will preview the hearts to be auctioned off and the silent auction
of Vermont handmade items and fine art. The auction of the
4-foot fiberglass hearts painted and embellished by a series of
talented local artists will begin at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 per
person. There will be hors d'oeuvres catered by Stafford
Technical Center Culinary Arts Program and a cash bar.
The heARTs of Rutland! street art project celebrates local
people and pride in everything the region has to offer, and how our
people, businesses and community come together showing heart in so
The hearts are on display in Rutland and around the region until
the November 2 Live Auction. You can pick up a map at the
Rutland Chamber or Visitor Center, as well as find a list of heart
A Scavenger Hunt for the heARTs can also make this journey
fun for the whole family. After you answer the following questions
about The heARTs of Rutland!, drop the completed sheet at the
Rutland Chamber Office (50 Merchants Row, Rutland, Vt.) or email to
email@example.com. Entries received by October 22 that have at
least 15 correct answers will be entered into a prize drawing with
winners announced at our live heART auction November 2 at the
Paramount Theatre, Rutland.
This project is for the benefit of Rutland and the region with
profits distributed to victims of disaster in the Rutland Region
and children's art education.
Entries for the Scavenger Hunt should include name, phone and
address, then answer the following 20 questions while on the
1. How many heARTS have owls on them?
2. How many bugs are on "Hearty Bugs" at the Godnick Center?
3. What does the "Love Notes" heART say?
4. Is the Wicked Witch on "The Journey to our Heart"?
5. What is the name of the heart at the Rutland Free Library?
6. How many hearts are on the base of "Sweetheart"?
7. How many schools are on "HeART Bears"?
8. How many hearts have covered bridges on them?
9. How many chocolates on the heART located on West Street?
10. What Rutland statue is depicted on the heart in front of the
11. "Outside the Lines" heART has how many objects attached to
12. How many squares representing mini paintings are on both sides
of "A Day in Vermont" heART?
13. There are how many abstract heARTs?
14. What color is the sky in "Country Views" heART?
15. The deer in "Home is Where the Heart is" has how many
points on the rack?
16. How many hearts were painted by students?
17. Our state of Vermont shows up on how many heARTs either
written as 'VT or Vermont'?
18. What sits among the apple tree in the "Autumn's Sanctuary"
19. How many heARTs have hands in the shape of hearts painted
20. "Love in Action" has how many heARTs painted on it?
Your favorite heART?